We may need to update this Policy at any time and without notice and where we do this we will notify you by including pop up boxes on the website and/or emailing our customers. This Policy was last updated on 19 May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us and periodically review your account settings on our website.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect, use, store and transfer personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name and last name.
- Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data means the data we use to process your payments for your orders including your payment card details. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers, namely PayPal and Stripe.
- Transaction Data means details about transactions you have made on our website including the payments to and from you along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username if you sign up for an account at checkout (email address) and password, your login data, purchases or orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at and for on our website. This is solely to better our service to you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your data by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- purchase a product through our website, Etsy store, And So To Shop store, Facebook or at an event
- create an account on our website
- request marketing to be sent to you via our sign up forms or at events
- enter a competition
THIRD PARTY SOURCES OF DATA/DATA SHARING:
We also collect from and share data with the following providers:
- Essential Service Providers: Sometimes, other businesses give us data about you which we may need for our legitimate interests of conducting business with you and on occasion they are necessary to perform our contract with you. It usually comprises Financial Data or Transaction Data. This happens when we link through to third party payment providers. They tell us that you have paid for your products and, where relevant and/or necessary they will provide us with your Contact Data and Transaction Data. We also might engage third party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to your account with us.
- Professional Advisers and Investors: We may also share your data with professional advisers such as our lawyers and insurers to manage risks and legal claims, and/or as part of our relationship and obligations to our investor organisations. This is in our legitimate interests.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you – this typically is when a purchase has been made on our website or we send you a piece of marketing material.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We generally only send email marketing to people who have previously bought similar products from us and this is in our legitimate interests. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing using an unsubscribe link in every marketing communication.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by signing up for a newsletter or entering a competition), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time).
We may also share certain data with third party social media platforms in order to show you targeted ads when you visit them.
We respect your right to have data removed from our records. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or by following the opt-out links on any marketing email sent to you.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and they may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them. We will always work with them to protect your privacy.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a completely secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our accounting requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under UK data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
Request access to your personal. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
Request that your personal data be deleted.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Cloud storage providers – we use cloud computing platforms that securely store all of our data, including customer details.
Email service providers – in order to send you marketing content and transactional emails, we share your details with our email service providers.
Social Media Platforms – We may make your name and email address available to companies in order to advertise and market our services to you through other platforms on the internet (e.g. Facebook).
Payment providers – in order to facilitate any payments made on our site, we facilitate the sharing of your Financial Data with payment providers.
Delivery providers – in order to package and mail your orders to you, it is necessary to share your information with delivery providers.
Selling platform providers – in addition to selling on our own website we also have stores on Etsy and And So To Shop. These providers have their own Privacy Policies that you should make yourself familiar with if purchasing through them. Their policies can be seen on their respective websites.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to LoveLi using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Performance cookies (Google Analytics). They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here: